According to reports, more than 87% of business marketing budgets are allocated to outbound marketing. This year, about 60% of marketers plan to increase their spending on content creation, and software as an outbound marketing strategy.
Marketers are working smarter by utilizing automation software 75% more than sales and 137% more than finance. Interestingly, 76% of marketers are currently running campaigns.
As we move forward into 2023, brand authenticity will become increasingly important and optimizing the customer or prospect experience will take priority over traditional marketing campaigns and sales.
Outbound marketing is a highly effective way to reach out to potential clients and customers. You can use these strategies to qualify leads and set appointments with decision-makers. It is a highly targeted approach that can yield high conversion rates.
What is Outbound Marketing?
Outbound marketing is the process of sending out an advertisement to a target audience. The goal is not just to get people to buy your product or service, but also for them to engage with it and share it with others.
Outbound marketing can be done in various ways, including email, social media and print advertisements. It’s important that you choose the right strategy for your business so that you can reach as many people as possible with it!
When it comes to B2B marketing, outbound is a crucial role. It can help you generate leads and increase sales conversion rate.
If you are planning to launch a new product or service in the next year, then it is important that you identify your target audience and target them with the right message at the right time. If not done properly, your campaign may fail spectacularly!
What are the Main Objectives of Outbound Marketing in B2B?
The main objective of an Outbound marketing campaign is to achieve a specific objective, which can vary depending on the business or organization’s needs. However, some common goals of marketing campaigns include:
1. Increase brand awareness: This goal involves introducing a new brand or product to the market or reminding people about an existing brand. According to a study by HubSpot, 61% of marketers consider increasing brand awareness to be their top priority.
2. Generate leads: The goal of lead generation is to collect contact information from potential customers who have shown interest in the product or service. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 85% of B2B marketers consider lead generation to be their most important content marketing goal.
3. Drive website traffic: The goal of website traffic is to increase the number of visitors to a company’s website. According to a study by Ascend2, 72% of marketers consider increasing website traffic to be their top priority.
4. Increase sales: The goal of increasing sales is to boost revenue and profitability. According to a study by MarketingSherpa, 64% of marketers aim to increase sales through their campaigns.
How to Measure the Success of Outbound Marketing?
The success of an outbound marketing campaign can be measured by various metrics, including the percentage of:
1. Impressions: The number of times the campaign was viewed by potential customers.
2. Clicks: The number of times people clicked on a specific link or call-to-action.
3. Conversions: The percentage of people who completed a desired action, such as filling out a form or making a purchase.
4. Return on investment (ROI): The percentage of revenue generated from the campaign compared to the amount spent on it.
What are the channels of B2B Outbound Marketing?
1. Email Marketing: Email marketing is one of the most popular B2B marketing channels. According to HubSpot, email marketing has an average open rate of 22.86% and a click-through rate of 3.71%.
2. Social Media Marketing: Social media is another popular channel for B2B marketing. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 83% of B2B marketers use social media platforms to distribute content. LinkedIn is the most popular social media platform for B2B marketers, with 97% of marketers using it to distribute content.
3. Content Marketing: Content marketing involves creating and sharing valuable content to attract and retain customers. According to DemandMetric, content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about three times as many leads.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is the process of optimizing your website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). According to a study by BrightEdge, organic search accounts for 53.3% of website traffic.
5. Events and Conferences: Events and conferences provide an opportunity to connect with potential customers in person. According to Bizzabo, 80% of marketers believe that live events are critical to their company’s success.
8 Popular Outbound Marketing Strategies in 2023!
Account-based Marketing (ABM): Account-based marketing (ABM) is a highly targeted approach where marketing and sales teams work together to identify and target specific high-value accounts. ABM involves creating personalized content and messaging for each account, making it highly effective for B2B businesses.
ABM can be used to:
1. Increase your pipeline by reaching out to prospects that are more likely to convert into clients;
2. Identify top prospects with similar needs as yours;
3. Maximize your budget by focusing on high-paying accounts;
Email Marketing: Email marketing is a highly effective outbound marketing strategy for B2B businesses. Create targeted and personalized email campaigns to engage with your prospects and customers. Use email marketing to nurture leads and build relationships with your customers.
Email is one of the most popular channels for engaging with prospects, salespeople and customers alike, but it’s not enough on its own—you also need an effective email lead generation system in place so that you can collect valuable information from your leads through their emails or phone calls.
Direct Mail: Direct mail is a highly personalized approach that can be effective for B2B businesses. Use direct mail to send targeted messages to specific prospects and customers. Direct mail campaigns can be used to build relationships and generate leads.
The key benefit of direct marketing is its ability to reach the target audience, who are notified by their mailbox or email inboxes about your product or service’s latest news, updates and promotions.
Telemarketing: Telemarketing is an effective way to reach out to potential clients and customers. Use telemarketing to qualify leads and set appointments with decision-makers. Telemarketing is a highly targeted approach that can yield high conversion rates.
This strategy has been around for decades, but it hasn’t lost its effectiveness despite the changing times in which we live today. If you’ve never tried this method before, now’s the time!
Reach out to potential clients over the phone, introducing your business and products/services. Cold calling can be highly effective, especially when combined with other outbound marketing tactics. Once you have a client, you’ll want to use telemarketing as an inbound method to nurture your relationship.
This is especially true if you’re selling high-value products or services. You can use the phone to educate your customers about their needs and help them make better buying decisions.
Content Marketing: Content marketing is a great way to attract new customers, but it can also be used as a way to build your brand and establish yourself as an expert in your industry. The goal of content marketing is to create valuable content that you then share across multiple channels, including blogs, ebooks, whitepapers and webinars. This will help you gain trust among potential clients by educating them about what you do.
Content marketing should be used alongside outbound marketing strategies like email campaigns or social media posts because they will help educate prospects on why they should work with your company instead of another one on their list.
Social Media Advertising: Social media advertising is an effective way to reach your target audience. Use platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to target specific demographics and interests. Social media advertising allows you to create highly targeted campaigns to maximize your ROI.
Social media marketing is a great way to spread the word about your business through sharing content on social networks like Facebook and Twitter where people are already spending time daily scrolling through their news feeds or reading articles on their favorite blogs. You can also use these platforms as forums for engaging with customers directly by responding directly via comments under posts or polls posted by others.
One-one Messaging: One-One Messaging is a form of communication that occurs between two individuals in a private or direct setting. It allows for a more personal and intimate exchange of information compared to mass communication, such as broadcasting or group messaging.
One-one messaging allows you to focus on what matters most: building relationships with your target audience, which can be done by using social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook (among others).
Client Retention Programs: Client Retention Programs: In B2B outbound marketing, client retention programs work by focusing on the needs of existing clients and tailoring marketing efforts to meet those needs. These programs can include a variety of tactics, such as regular communication with clients, personalized promotions, loyalty rewards programs, and targeted upselling or cross-selling campaigns.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): CRO is the process of optimizing sales conversions by optimizing landing pages and website design in an effort to increase sales conversion rates.
In the future, we expect outbound marketing strategies to continue to evolve and evolve faster than ever before. As new technologies emerge, B2B companies will be able to leverage them in order to reach more potential clients and customers. We also see some traditional B2B marketing tactics becoming outdated and being replaced with newer ones as people’s expectations continue growing thanks to social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.